The Northern California DX Club Elmering Project
The Northern California DX Club Elmering Project Is Now Taking Registrations for All Classes
Class descriptions are now posted on the NCDXC web site for each class. You can register for as many classes as you wish. To access them go to ncdxc.org and click on the Elmer Project tab. At the bottom of the page describing the Project is a red register button taking you to our Registration Page.
There you may enter your name and contact information, read a brief description of any class and choose those that you wish to take. Dates and times for the classes are also shown.
• Class descriptions are available to read without signing up for any classes.
• The instructors name and email address is available so that you may contact him or her.
• Classes begin on September 23 and are absolutely free.
• Addition information may be found in an article in the October 2017 issue of QST Magazine or by coming to our talk on Saturday, October 21 at 1 pm at Pacificon.
• Classes are arranged in three tracks.
• After a couple of fun, introductory classes on the joys and benefits of HF operation there are 6 Track 1 classes designed to help prepare the General class license exam.
• Track 2 covers basic HF operating and includes classes on equipment selection, station building and HF operating techniques.
• Track III covers more advanced topics such as advanced SSB, CW and digital mode operation, antennas, propagation and equipment specifications.
• Classes are taught using two methods
• Four classes are taught by the Elmer in his shack. The Elmer has no fixed program but will be ready to answer any questions you may have and walk you through a difficult topic. He can also demonstrate and let you try various facets of HF operation. The instructor will contact you, using your sign in information, to set up a mutually agreeable time for the class. These One on One classes carry on the ham radio Elmering tradition.
• The remaining 17 classes are taught using Power Point slides delivered by WebEx. No special software is required and WebEx works with Windows, Mac OS and Linux. When you sign up for a class you will receive a Welcome Message from the instructor containing simple instructions on how to log in to WebEx. You can see the slides and hear the instructor and he or she can hear you.
• When in a Power Point class please MUTE YOUR MICROPHONE to avoid background noise disturbing other participants.
• NCDXC members have invested many hundreds of hours putting the Elmering Project together. Our goal is to get you on the HF bands making QSOs. Our instructors have many years of experience in their topics. We will do our very best to make the classes fun and interesting. There are no dumb questions. We want you to succeed!
• Just go to ncdxc.org and click the Elmer Project tab to get started!