Upcoming Field Day Planning Meetings
These are the dates for the three remaining Field Day planning meetings:
Wednesday, May 2, 2018. 8:00 pm
Wednesday, June 6, 2018. 8:00 pm
Zayante Fire Station
7700 East Zayante Rd
Felton, CA 95018 United States
The Field Day event itself begins setup on June 22.
These events, along with location maps, can be found on the calendar at slvarc.org .
May 2nd FD Planning Meeting
Just a reminder: There will be a Field Day planning meeting this Wednesday, May 2nd, at the Zayante Fire Station at 8:00 pm. All are welcome.
In particular all station captains (CW: John AC6SL, SSB: Tom W6TJK/Robert KB6QXM, Digital: Z/Kerry, VHF:??, GOTA:??) should fill out the following information (to the extent it exists) and SEND IT TO ME BEFORE THE MEETING: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
1. What radio are you using, and where is it coming from?
2. What power supply are you using, and where is it coming from?
3. What computer are you using, and where is it coming from?
4. Does the computer have N1MM+ installed, along with the latest SuperCheck Partial database?
Do you need assistance to do this?
5. How are you interfacing the computer to the radio?
6. CW and Digital: Do you have (or need) a set of Function Key macros suitable for Field Day use?
7. Digital: Does you computer have all of the digital mode software necessary to operate RTTY, PSK, and FT8? Has it been tested?
8. SSB: Do you have a headset and foot switch?
9. Who is providing the generator that will power your station?
10. What antennas will you be using, and who will be providing them?
11. What antenna supports (towers, trees, etc.) are you using, and who will be providing them? Do you need drone or potato-launcher assistance?
12. Do you have (or need) sufficient feedline (coax and/or ladder line) for your antennas?
13. Do you have (or need) an external antenna tuner?
14. What shelter will you be using, who will be providing it, and how will it be transported to/from the site?
15. Do you have appropriate tables and chairs for operating?
16. Food Coordinator: What are your plans for Friday lunch, Friday dinner, Saturday (all day), Sunday morning?
We are under 60 days to Field Day. Let’s be prepared!!